AME consist of:
- AME Transcation Type : Encapsualtion of Business Rules
- AME Attributes: Variables
- AME Rule : Combo of if else condition
- AME Action : Return Value
- AME Approval Group : Can be static or dynamic
Profile option “AME:Installed” must be set to Yes, at application level to the calling application to be able to use AME.. For example, to make iExpenses use AME, you should set profile to Yes for “Payables” Application.
AME Transaction Type : Can be created by resp. Approvals Management Administrator
Rest all : Approvals Management Business Analyst
HOW AME RELATES TO SELF SERVICE HR
2 parameters named pAMETranType and pAMEAppId are passed as parameter to the Form Function. This tells which AME Transaction Type will be used by the SSHR screen.
However the decesion of whether AME is switched ON or OFF is decided by a Wokflow Activity named “Review Page”.
HR_APPROVAL_REQ_FLAG: If yes then AME else not.
hr_transaction_swi.commit_transaction This API commits transaction
Implement AME in Self Service transaction:
- Find the function, where it needs to be enabled. Provide details in Form Fucntion tab.
- Make a copy of existing process.
- Link new process to new function created in Fucntion Tab.
- Enable FLAG : HR_APPROVAL_REQ_FLAG in Review Page.
- Update Condition for Transaction ,WORKFLOW_PROCESS_NAME in (ADS_HR_COMPTNC_PROFILE_JSP_PRC, ADS_OTA_ENROLL_IN_TRN_JSP_PRC, ADS_USHR_HR_XFER_ICD_JSP, HR_APPRAISAL_DETAILS_JSP_PRC, HR_ASSIGNMENT_JSP_PRC, HR_ASSIGNMENT_TERMS_JSP_PRC, …)
For check how it is working:
- Status Monitor in Workflow Administration.