What are different ways of correction of mistakes in Payroll Run?
There will be moments, where we have finished the Payroll run and Pre-Payments. We processed some report and figured out that, there is some issue with a set of Assignments. The same thing can even happen just after the Payroll Run, or in some cases, after Transfer to GL. Now how do we handle the situation? Is there any way we can correct the data. Yes. There are three different Processes.
Let’s discuss these one by one.
This is the most commonly used feature. We can use this to un-process the Payroll. However using a Rollback removes the entire history of the data. Let’s use Joe’s example. All of a sudden we realize that Joe has been paid $200 extra this time. Now we are at the last stage of our post processing. We are running costing now. How do we fix the Issue?
We will Rollback the Payroll for Joe. We will Rollback the Costing for Joe first. Then the Check writer job, then the NACHA / BACS, then the PrePayments and finally we will rollback his payroll. We will fix his elements, and rerun the entire set of jobs again in the actual order only for Joe.
Cases: So what are the cases where we would process Rollback?
- We have processed Payroll for a person with a wrong Salary
- We have processed Payroll for a guy who was terminated long back
- We have processed Payroll for a wrong assignment set
How: How to Rollback?
- To rollback payroll of a set of Individuals, Go to the View -> Payroll Process window OR Go to the View -> Assignment Process. Click on the individuals we want to rollback and select Delete Record from the Edit Menu.
- To rollback payroll of an entire payroll, Submit a new request: “Rollback US Payroll Process”. Choose the Payroll run. And Submit.
Retry is used when we see a small mistake just after the Payroll run. We want to fix it and move ahead with the Process. This is done when we see a set of assignments are processed wrong. We fix the data causing issue and then mark them to retry. It processes only those entries that are incorrect. In some cases where we saw there is something wrong with the Fast Formula we just recompiled; probably a calculation mistake. We fix it and run a retry.
Cases: So what are the cases where we would process a Retry?
- We have an issue with the Calculation method used in a FF
- We found out an issue with a set of assignments, where an earning was not added at all.
How: How to Retry?
- To retry for an assignment, Go to View ->Assignment Process and select the Process we want to retry. Check the Retry Box.
- To retry for a set of assignments, Go to View ->Payroll Process and select the assignments we want to retry. Check the Retry Box. And then run the “Retry US Payroll Process”.
- To retry an entire Payroll, Go to View ->Payroll Process and select the run, Check the Retry Box. And then run the “Retry US Payroll Process”.
Reversal is chosen in cases when all the processes are already complete, and we see an issue with an assignment. This will reverse all the Processes this far for the particular Run for the particular assignment.
Cases: So what are the cases where we would process Reversal?
- An assignment was processed incorrectly like: An employee got a payment of $400 by a check, which should have gone to someone else.
How: How to Reverse?
- Open the Employee’s assignment screen.
- Others -> Reverse Run
- Select the Run we want Reverse.
- Check the Reverse check Box.
References: Oracle HRMS Implementation Guide